Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All the way from Nebraska

This week I interviewed my friend Justin Howard who is from Omaha, Nebraska. Justin is a freshman undeclared major here at SCU. I asked him about his adjustment to college life, and how he likes California. Justin told me that the adjustment was difficult for him. "It was hard being so far away from my family and dogs. Also, I hate it when people here at SCU keep saying 'soda'. Its called 'pop' darn it." says Justin. Regarding California, Justin said, "Being from a pretty rural state, I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of people in the Bay Area. The people in California seem much busier and go at a faster pace than people in Nebraska." Aside from the different names for soda, and the busy West Coast lifestyle, Justin thinks California is awsome.

No comments: