Thursday, February 19, 2009

Debty Downer

Now, more than ever, I have had to budget my spending. Constantly I find myself stressed out about paying off my recent purchases. I still have debt on my credit card from while I was in Spain studying abroad! The exchange rate in Europe snuck up on me and I ended up spending way more than I had planned. It was difficult to decipher between necessities and wants because we were pretty much on a four month vacation. I sure am paying for it now though!

I would to make purchases daily without thinking too much about what I was buying or how much I was actually spending. Now I have had to get a job, on top of my busy class schedule. I waitress weekend nights at a new restaurant called Reposado. Although I enjoy work, it is cutting into my social life since I work all weekend. I guess that's what I get for spending so recklessly in Europe!

My credit card seems to be the least of my worries though, student loans linger and worry me when I actually stop to think about how much I owe. I do not seem to be alone in this problem, as college tuition is rising so are the costs of student loans. Students are buried in Debt and worried because the job industry is so dry. Very few companies are hiring because of the economic downturn, so soon to be graduating college students are going to have a difficult time getting out of debt.

No comments: