Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lonely Freshman

There's a perception that college is supposed to be the time of your life, right? But we all know that's not necessarily the case. It's definitely not the case for one Loyola-Chicago freshman.

"I'm a freshman at a small private school in Chicago. It was my last choice, but I tried very hard to approach it with enthusiasm. However, I have no friends here. At all. I don't even eat dinner because I don't want to eat alone. I hate my classes. None of my professors even know my name, and they don't explain anything and the tests are insanely difficult. I can't motivate myself to study because I hate this place soooooooooo much. I cry all the time. I go home every weekend and work, under the guise of needing money, but really, I just can't stay here and sit in my dorm room all weekend alone."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's vital to get involved with some organization or activity on campus...the newspaper, radio station, whatever. That's the easiest way to meet people.

And remember that it takes time to meet new friends